| † These Things Are An Abomination to God
† How Then Can We Be Saved?
† What's God's Expectation of Those Who Belong to Him?
† Is There A Guideline for Daily Living?
† What Should A Christian Pursue?
† Prayer of St. Francis
- These things are an abomination to God
- These six things the Lord hates, yes seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devices wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. (proverbs 6: 16-19)
- Do you not know That the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
- But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. (Revelation 21: 8)
- How then can we be saved?
- And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. (Titus 3:5)
- What's God's expectation of those who belong to Him?
- No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God. By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother. (1 John 3: 9-10)
- My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (1 John 2:1)
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
- For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins. (Hebrews 10:26)
- Is there a guideline for daily living?
- So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- "All things are lawful", but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me", but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. (1 Corinthians 10:23-24)
- "All things are lawful for me", but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me", but I will not be enslaved by anything. (1 Corinthians 6:12)
- What should a Christian Pursue?
- The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. (Galatians 5:22)
- Prayer of St. Francis
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow
love; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. 0 Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.